Sunday, August 16, 2020

25'000 views; Some topics I am passionate about

 This week a took a day off to walk in the alps with my son. And while doing so noticed that my blog view count was 24999. So I quickly asked my son to be the next view! 

My blog has been around for more than ten years, and a tenth of a second is all a site like Google would need to achieve the same hit count. Still, I write this infrequent blog because it helps me find what is relevant to me and to others, and helps me communicate better. And encourages me to do my best, because I do care about my audience.

I write infrequently mostly because I do not have the time. Also, my topics tend to be complex, and sometimes even sensitive, and therefor take time. Still, I often jot down a title, sometimes with a page or two of content. These then become public if I happen to have free evening or weekend. For example, these are my unpublished blog titles going back to early 2019:

  • Balancing productivity, tempo, and success
  • Program = complementary
  • Some retrospectives in business of innovation
  • Type centric vs ...
  • The instantaneous view of the real world has no math
  • Control and flow in innovation
  • Lessoned learned: writing "coherent software"
  • Careful Software Architecture (in Python)
  • Absent minded at work
  • Choose your inner truth: run your organization like a hedge fund
  • Dealing with time
  • Computer languages as data for machine learning
  • My reality? Or your reality?
  • The Peter principle in software development
  • Innovate, but don't waste you time
  • ...
Out of these, you might notice topics that I am passionate about:
  • Innovation
  • Productivity
  • Formal software and architecture
  • Teamwork and organization processes
  • Modelling the real (and unreal!) world
The thing is: You cannot innovate if you are not productive. You cannot be productive if your teams and organizations do not work well together. You cannot work well together if you do not understand how to express the real world in your work, and to be precise and correct when needed. These are topics that I care about, and what this blog has mostly been about.

Cheers to all, I am looking forward to sharing some more writing!


No comments: